Our members’ super
Our fees are down, and our performance is up. Mercer Super is proud to have delivered FY 2023 industry-high returns of at least 12%1 for the majority of our members.
More from Mercer Super
12% is a lot for members to smile about
With returns of 12%1 for the majority of members in Mercer SmartPath®, Mercer Super has outperformed many of our largest competitors and delivered strong results for members in FY 2023.2
How we did it:
Despite the world’s central banks battling inflation with higher interest rates, share markets continued to rally, encouraged by declining inflation numbers and the prospect of a soft economic landing. And let’s not forget the solid contribution from our unlisted infrastructure and property assets.
These returns show the power of sticking to our long-term investment strategy. Despite global economic growth slowing, our investment strategy has stood the test of time and ultimately that’s making a real difference in our members’ lives.
Welcome to a brighter financial future!
See why Mercer Super is leading the way
Industry-high returns of 12%
Our award-winning3 default investment option, Mercer SmartPath delivered industry-high returns of 12%1 for the majority of members in FY 2023, surpassing many of our largest competitors. Combining this result with our lower fees,5 your super fund is in a great position to thrive.
And this isn’t just a one-time success. Mercer SmartPath has consistently delivered strong returns of 8.0% over seven years for one of our largest cohort of members, outperforming the comparative industry median of 7.0%.4
By offering some of the most competitive fees in the Australian superannuation market5 you’ll have more confidence about your financial future and more savings to rely on when you stop working.
We’re helping members retain the maximum amount of money in their super accounts, without compromising on performance.
The experts you can trust
As a leading super fund, Mercer Super is trusted by some of the top ASX listed firms as their fund of choice for their employees.
We're also part of the Mercer family, one of the world's leading investment managers overseeing US$379 billion6 in total assets under management globally.
Together, we're putting our local know-how and global expertise to work for you, with around 2,000 investment experts, seeking out opportunities in Australia and around the world.
We’re a multi-award winning fund
Don’t just take our word for it, see what the leading industry rating agencies say about us.3
Open the door to more today!
The door to a brighter financial future with Mercer Super is waiting for you. Are you ready for more?
1. After investment fees and tax, Mercer Super Trust’s analysis of Mercer SmartPath, with the exception of Mercer SmartPath – Born 2004-2008, all cohorts with members aged under 55 years returned at least 12% for the 2022/23 financial year (and invested for the full 2022/23 financial year). This compares to the median of all default funds reported in SuperRatings Fund Crediting Rate Survey – Default Options as at 30 June 2023 of 9.3%. While Mercer Super did not feature in the official June 2023 survey, Mercer Super is captured in the revised data file.
2. Based on Mercer SmartPath membership data as at 31 March 2023 and for members invested for the full 2022/23 financial year. While Mercer Super did not feature in the official June 2023 survey, Mercer Super is captured in the revised data file.
3. Mercer Super has been recognised with several SuperRatings awards, including SuperRatings’ highest platinum rating for both our Allocated Pension Division (now known as Mercer SmartRetirement Income) and Corporate Superannuation Division products. These products also received SuperRatings Platinum Performance awards, based on investment returns, fees, insurance, member servicing, administration and governance for 15 years. The rating is issued by SuperRatings Pty Ltd ABN 95 100 192 283 AFSL 311880 (SuperRatings). Ratings are general advice only and have been prepared without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider your personal circumstances, read the product disclosure statement and seek independent financial advice before investing. The rating is not a recommendation to purchase, sell or hold any product. Past performance information is not indicative of future performance. Ratings are subject to change without notice and SuperRatings assumes no obligation to update. SuperRatings uses objective criteria and receives a fee for publishing awards. Visit superratings.com.au for ratings information and to access the full report. © 2023 SuperRatings. All rights reserved.
4. Mercer Super Trust’s analysis of Mercer SmartPath (born 1974-1978), one of the largest cohorts, after investment fees and tax, compared to the median of all default funds reported in SuperRatings Fund Crediting Rate Survey – Default Options as at 30 June 2023. Note Mercer Super did not feature in the official June 2023 survey.
Based on Mercer SmartPath membership data as at 31 March 2023 and for members invested for the full 2022/23 financial year.
5. Chant West Super Fund Fee Survey March 2023, MySuper Default category. Fees and costs can vary from year to year. Past fees and costs are not a reliable indicator of future fees and costs. Fees and comparisons may differ for other investment options and account balances.
6. Marsh McLennan announces $379 billion assets under delegated management (as of September 30, 2023 / end of 3Q23) for Mercer.
Issued by Mercer Superannuation (Australia) Limited ABN 79 004 717 533, Australian Financial Services Licence #235906, the trustee of the Mercer Super Trust ABN 19 905 422 981 (‘Mercer Super’). Any advice is of a general nature only, and does not take into account the personal needs and circumstances of any particular individual. Prior to acting on any information, you need to take into account your own financial circumstances. Please consider the Product Disclosure Statement, Product Guide, Insurance Guide, Financial Services Guide and Target Market Determination (TMD) before making a decision about the product, or seek professional advice from a licensed, or appropriately authorised financial adviser if you are unsure of what action to take. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.